Many public parks organizations are struggling to fully fund parks. By substantially reducing operating costs, we help keep parks open. …
We understand trust is a big issue. We have decades of experience running parks the way the public and your agency want them run….
Increasingly, states are turning to non-profits to keep parks open. But where can non-profits turn for the needed skills?
RRM has contracts with local, state, and Federal agencies across the country to many many types of recreation resources.
- Our Company Has Four Campgrounds on Sunset Magazines Best of the West ListSunset Magazine just had its annual “Best Campgrounds of the West” issue and we have four of the campgrounds we operate on the list — pretty good considering we only operate in two of the four regions they cover (we operate 4 of the 54 campgrounds they recognize in CA, AZ, and NM). On the list […] […]
- Applied Underwriters ReviewA week or two ago at another blog I posted my review and very negative experiences with Applied Underwriters. Since that time, Applied Underwriters has responded by threatening me with lawsuits to try to get me to remove these reviews from the internet. All their lawyers’s actions have done is convince me that it is […] […]
- Over-Policing of ParksI have written before about the tendency of parks agency to go crazy on police coverage. For some reason, it has become common for parks to either a) make all park staff law enforcement officers or b) create vast law enforcement infrastructures as separate departments in parks. In many locations, this is entirely unnecessary. Worse, […] […]
- How Are Public Parks Like Universities?Glenn Reynolds is writing about colleges, but he could just as easily be writing about public parks: Full-time administrators now outnumber full-time faculty. And when times get tough, schools have a disturbing tendency to shrink faculty numbers while keeping administrators on the payroll. Teaching gets done by low-paid, nontenured adjuncts, but nobody ever […]
- PERC on Private Operation of Public ParksMy article on private operation of public parks has been published by PERC and is now up at their web site. It’s called “A Tale of Two Parks” and compares the costs of private and public operation, among a number of other issues. […]
- Government Shutdown and Privately Operated Federal ParksThe government shutdown in October was an interesting chapter in the business of private operation of public parks. For years I have said that one of the advantages of private operation of public parks is that these parks are sheltered from budget shenanigans. If the park is operating with no public money, they can’t be […] […]